The UCC Doctoral Research Forum is a PhD symposium/young investigator track on Tuesday, December 18, in room BASIC. It also guides participating students through tracks on other conference days. The schedule is as follows:
9.00 Shared UCC Keynote (auditorium)
10.00 Doctoral Forum Keynote, Dirk Helbing, ETH Zurich, Switzerland: The Digital Revolution after Cambridge Analytica (see speakers page)
11.30 Student Presentations
- Naif Alasmari: Optimising Cloud-Based Hadoop 2.x Applications
- Farzam Fanitabasi: A Review of Adversarial Behaviour in Distributed Multi-Agent Optimisation
- Gourav Rattihalli: Exploring Potential for Resource Request Right-sizing via Estimation and Container Migration in Apache Mesos
15.00 Doctoral Forum Invited Talk, Diego Perez-Palacin, Linnaeus University, Sweden: Quality of Service in Cloud Applications (see speakers page).
16.30 Student Presentations
- Manuel Weißbach: Live Traffic Data Analysis Using Stream Processing
Note: Due to scheduling constraints, the following doctoral talk takes place on Thursday, December 20, at 16.00 in room FORTRAN.
- Alina Buzachis and Massimo Villari: Basic Principles of Osmotic Computing: MELs Orchestration through Software Defined Membrane Leveraging Blockchain Facilities